I last updated this policy on February 10th 2019.
Information about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access my website.
There are 4 different types of cookies:
- Strictly-necessary cookies (required for the website to run). These allow you to do things like log in securely.
- Performance cookies (which measure how many visitors use my site, which pages they visit and how they interact with the site). These help me to improve my website.
- Functionality cookies (which remember specific visitor’s preferences for the way they use my site, e.g. language settings or font size).
- Targeting/advertising cookies (these collect information about individual visitors that enable me, or third parties, to provide relevant advertisements to those who have visited my site)
My website may use each type of cookie in order to:
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
- Improve my services
- Recognise you whenever you visit this website and distinguish you from other users of my site
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of my site
- Provide you with advertising that is tailored to your interests
- Carry out research and data analysis to help me to improve my content and services and to better understand my customer preferences and interests
Your web browser places cookies on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about you.
We have set out specific details of the cookies we use on my site below.
Like many other websites, third parties may also set cookies on my website. These third parties are responsible for the cookies they set on my site and we have no control over them. For further information on how their cookies policies work, please visit their websites.
You can manage cookies yourself.
You will need to visit the web browser’s site to manage, but for ease we have provided links to popular browsers below:
For further information about cookies and how to manage or disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org.
Please also note that if you change/block cookies then:
- some parts of my website may not function properly or as well as they otherwise might;
- changes will apply across all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies only from particular websites); and
- the settlings that you change will only apply on the device on which you change the settings and will not apply across all other devices that you use.
We have set out below details of each of the cookies on my site, a description of what they do and, where relevant, external links that provide more information about them:
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated relating to my website is used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.